PDA

View Full Version : day game / get approached question

TheFlyingMan
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I did a search but couldn't find much on this so sorry if it's been covered...
Here's my recent situation, a checkout girl at Blockbuster was talking to me for a long time last week when I picked up some weekly DVDs. I think she was just friendly in general, but she talked to me a lot (I'm too noob to tell if she's really interested or being friendly).
We chatted for like 20 minutes on Asian movies (as I rented a whole bunch of them) etc, and then I left. Yesterday I went in to return the videos, and thought I might as well make a move on her. She remembered me, we chatted a lot about Asian movies again, but this time there was someone behind me waiting. So I offered to lend her a few of my Asian movies, and left again.
I think it doesn't feel like a pickup. In a situation like this, it feels like we're in C phase already. Do I try and bring it back to A game, or run it like this? I'm thinking next week when I drop my vids off, I'll ask her for a coffee, or even back to my place to watch the DVDs hehe.
In a similar question, in a club last week, I got grinded by a HB9 who then introed herself. I froze, ARGH. But what phase do we start in if she approaches you?

Scooby
07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I think it doesn't feel like a pickup. In a situation like this, it feels like we're in C phase already.
I dont know enough about your situation, but it seems to me like you are not in comfort yet. Have you been able to run any kino? Remember kino is king! If you are running comfort material before you have done attraction, you run the risk of being LJBF'ed.

Do I try and bring it back to A game, or run it like this?
Yep i would if i were you. Run the MM formula and follow the steps. You say that you are not sure if she is interested in you - in this case run a3 material - get her to qualify herself - if she doesnt you know you are still in a2.

I'm thinking next week when I drop my vids off, I'll ask her for a coffee, or even back to my place to watch the DVDs hehe.
If you read what i said above, you wont be doing this unless shes all over you. Run proper game.

In a similar question, in a club last week, I got grinded by a HB9 who then introed herself. I froze, ARGH. But what phase do we start in if she approaches you?
If she intros herself to you then thats A1 done, youre in A2. But that doesnt mean you cant use your stacked openers - just make sure they fit with the situation (i.e. she has opened you).

TheFlyingMan
07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
good reply, thanks!

Legion5
07-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I did a search but couldn't find much on this so sorry if it's been covered...
Here's my recent situation, a checkout girl at Blockbuster was talking to me for a long time last week when I picked up some weekly DVDs. I think she was just friendly in general, but she talked to me a lot (I'm too noob to tell if she's really interested or being friendly).
We chatted for like 20 minutes on Asian movies (as I rented a whole bunch of them) etc, and then I left. Yesterday I went in to return the videos, and thought I might as well make a move on her. She remembered me, we chatted a lot about Asian movies again, but this time there was someone behind me waiting. So I offered to lend her a few of my Asian movies, and left again.
I think it doesn't feel like a pickup. In a situation like this, it feels like we're in C phase already. Do I try and bring it back to A game, or run it like this? I'm thinking next week when I drop my vids off, I'll ask her for a coffee, or even back to my place to watch the DVDs hehe.
Stop thinking in phases it is a general model, start thinking in concepts.
but the answer is you are Half Way through A2.

TheFlyingMan
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
can u give me an example of what you mean when you say concepts? As in I should always be aware that I should DHV and so on?

GSP
07-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Pretty exiting question.. It is a tough situation since she is at work...
Remember, she could have talked to you because she was bored working :o

Devastation
07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
look around.... (if she isn't behind the counter, and's helping customers). How many people are in the store?
and how long has she been talking with you.... you should be able to figure this out from here. Oh yea and.... asian movies? wtf? you mean Samari, Jackie Chan ish?

TheFlyingMan
07-08-2006, 10:24 PM
well the first time it was just me and her in the store. The second time there were a few people queueing up behind me. So I kept it short. She remembered our conversation the second time around and she picked up the convo from there, I didn't do anything.
Yea Jackie Chan exactly, the first week I went in and picked up all the Jackie Chan DVDs they had :D

metalbox80007
07-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Do the handshake test on her. The hands never lie!

Legion5
07-09-2006, 10:42 AM
can u give me an example of what you mean when you say concepts? As in I should always be aware that I should DHV and so on?
Well concepts means you do all these things for a reason.
People are interested in others who are interested in them, that is why you neg.
Your frame is she is cool shit, I am cooler shit, that's why you neg.
You disqualify her and just be cool.
Then you DHV because it's just something you do, or maybe even to test her to see if she falls for you, because after all she is less cool than you.
You are HINTING at your value, seeing if she gets it, you're just messing with her.
When she actualy starts to like you, IOI's, be cool with that.
Now her energy starts pointing to you, she wants sex whatever for you, and your job is to add value to the interaction, you both have a minimum coolness level and you're saying no matter what the bar will be a certain height.
That's your qualifications, so you qualify her, IOI her, then move onto rapport like you would with anyone else.
There is no A1 A2 A3, It's all feelings that can be broken down yes, but that's more for teaching and less for acting... I hope that makes sense.

TheFlyingMan
07-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Yea it does make sense...thanks for that. My game is not tight enough, and I didn't get any solid IOIs from her which is why I wasa bit confused. I'll go in and disqualify her and DHV until I get a few IOIs from her. No negging though she's so sweet and friendly, I think it will be too much. Am I right in thinking this?

Gandalf
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
If she intros herself to you then thats A1 done, youre in A2. But that doesnt mean you cant use your stacked openers - just make sure they fit with the situation (i.e. she has opened you).
I jump to A3 if a girl opens me. If a girl approaches me, I assume attraction unless she has a legitimate reason.