PDA

View Full Version : day game pointers

Irish83
06-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Im having awful trouble with day game. some of it is AA problems but other times im just stuck for an opener. today im in a cd store, hb8 in der too, just couldnt think of one opener to say to her. Ask her opinion on something? surley not? what else? before i know it, shes gone. What to do? obviously im an utter AFC!
Anyone got examples of ways they opened someone they see in a store or in the street. Now store staff is a different matter, they are there to be spoken to, but just other hbs going around, ive got no game for em!!!

Maverick
06-22-2006, 04:31 AM
How about in a cd store... "Hey, whatcha buying?"
The beauty of day game is that it's really subtle. I almost always use situational openers in day game. Juggler is phenomenal for this kinda stuff.
Cheers.
-Mav

Irish83
06-22-2006, 04:37 AM
"whatcha ya buying" is cool and all but i guess id be afraid she'd say, "none of your business", tho i guess thats the risk you take, maybe she'll shoot you down, maybe she wont, but if you dont try its another night in with your man meat. And i say all this is retrospect but when im in the situation i get total AA, grrrrrrrrr, but i will look into situational openers, cheers

Meme
06-22-2006, 05:04 AM
cd store opener...
"hey have you seen those new machines they have, where you flash a CD under and you can play samples of the tracks? have they got one here?"
if yes: "how cool are these machines, how do they even load all of that up, must be some guy who just loads that sh1t, or a robot or something"
if no: "i saw it in <insert cool city> <insert cool CD shop> than bang on about it"
then spot the CD she's looking at and say "are they any good, my friend likes those, but i've never heard anything by them"

JLean
06-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I don't see why an opinion opener wouldn't work here. There's a lot more to talk about in a CD store compared to say a grocery store/food market.
PUA - Hey - I need some advice here, it'll just take a second. Do you have an ipod?
HB - yes , blah blah/no I don't
You can go in many directions with this - if she doesn't have one, you can bust on her a little. If she does, you can talk about what kind to buy, ask her to show it to you etc.
Bang - she is open. As always, be prepared to stack some material after that.
Much easier than approaching at the grocery store/market. Anyone have any advice on that?

Dr. Zeus
06-22-2006, 06:55 AM
i guess id be afraid she'd say, "none of your business"
At least she'd be talking to you.

The Guru
06-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Im having awful trouble with day game. some of it is AA problems but other times im just stuck for an opener. today im in a cd store, hb8 in der too, just couldnt think of one opener to say to her. Ask her opinion on something? surley not? what else? before i know it, shes gone. What to do? obviously im an utter AFC!
Anyone got examples of ways they opened someone they see in a store or in the street. Now store staff is a different matter, they are there to be spoken to, but just other hbs going around, ive got no game for em!!!
Depending on what sort of music cd she has in her hand I'd go to her and tell her that I had a nightmare yesterday and guess what? [ Insert the name of the artist she has the cd of in her hand ] was in it.
Then go on to make a story and DHV.

A Tomato
06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
And she's ahead of you...
You could ask if you can as if you can cut in front of her b/c you know she plans to pay with a third-party out of state check, or b/c she looks like she's going to open a layaway plan to buy that one CD.
If you're ahead of her, you could tell her and the sales-person that you plan to pay for the whole thing in pennies. I did this yesterday at the Grocery store, and it started a convo with the cashier and the HB8 behind me about the crazy people who shop in that neighborhood.

Imperatore77
06-23-2006, 03:47 AM
Look at the CD she has in her hands and say (smiling) …. "Do you really listen to this stuff???" …. She will look at you strangely (maybe irritated) or maybe smiling …and then without letting her answer you go "I thought I was the only one in this city listening to this kind of stuff" …… and you take if from there….

Science
06-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Look at the CD she has in her hands and say (smiling) …. "Do you really listen to this stuff???" …. She will look at you strangely (maybe irritated) or maybe smiling …and then without letting her answer you go "I thought I was the only one in this city listening to this kind of stuff" …… and you take if from there….
Smooth, i like that.
Spot the CD she has and tell her that you are torn between getting that and the Pussycat Dolls one. What does she think.