PDA

View Full Version : Mastering A2 on STREET: Some questions.

Refrusloi
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
My current goal is to get my A2 down SOLID on street approaches (in other words, the sidewalks in downtown)
I have some questions though, which stem from the fact that I was given a routine stack that was made for lone wolves, but I want to do group sets as well, so I'm coming up with a new one and found a lot of questions:
1a) Do i have to isolate the target from a group to get # on street approaches? 1B) is that possible?
2a) How should I move/venue change group off of street? (dont want to stand in same spot for too long) 2b) how soon?
3) Can you approach lone wolf if your with wingman?
4) How much kino do I use in A1 and A2?
This is the stack i was thinking of using for groups on street:
(ftc)Sleeves Opener(skirt neg)+hi5, (ftc)Gay Cats, Cs vs Us(to target), You and I would not get along, ?
The one I had for lone wolves was:
David Bowie(ftc,neg) , Gay Cats(ftc) , Eye Acessing Cues Cold Read, Breakup, Nationality, GuyGirlName, SurferHandshake, Vibe, Adventurous qualify+stories,Spontaneous Qualify+stories, Romantic Qualify+stories, Venue change and vibe, day2#close, vibe, styles EV+relate,identity grounding

malreynolds
06-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I think that isolating on a street approach is a bad idea. The inherent difficulty about the street is that nobody trusts anyone. How many times have you tried to open and someone gives you a look like "what are you trying to sell me?" So the group is not going to be comfortable with you isolating.
I think this is out of The Game, but funny how if you talk to a girl on the street you're a creep, but meet her in line at the coffee shop she was going to and you're the guy of her dreams.
This is why I think venue change is really important.
Think of it in a theoretical sense. Move the group to a more 'comfortable' place (which you already are in at clubs/lounges for night sarging) and then in there isolate the target to a C1 comfort building place.

Refrusloi
06-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Well I realise that you would not isolate straight from the sidewalk. But i was wondering if you would isolate after you had venue changed, or if you can just #CLOSE her IN FRONT of her FRIEND?
Also, i supposed I could say "i/we are going to x-location, you guys can come if you want" to venue change them off the sidewalk... but HOW SOON do I do it?

snowplan
06-11-2006, 01:23 PM
What I would have to say to this is: As noted above it's riskey to approach in the streets. However it is a place of oppertunity. I personelly would do oppinion oppeners as a way to seem as if you genuinely need an oppinion. Lone wolfing and asking for oppinions will sometimes result in the "Hes selling of surveying, No thanks". I would do this while with someone to make it seem comfortable.
Isolating the target might be near impossible unless you are extremely smooth or you ask to tag along with them. In order to tag along you have to be very smooth and not creepy at all. Also very hard to do. If it looks like they are going to eat then it might be an oppertunity.
Another problem is going to be keeping attention for such a long period of time. Most likely they will be there to shop or whatever, not to be picked up by a guy. I beleive though that with enough practice it would be possible to start succeding at these. But I don't think this is easy.
Good luck

simon
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
great topic

Hypnovibe
06-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Me and my wing have been street sarging with some success. Its hard to hook but if you can get a hook your in. Theres plenty of targets and venue changes are actually easier on the street then they are in a bar or club. Try it before you knock it.

Scooby
06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
1a) Do i have to isolate the target from a group to get # on street approaches? 1B) is that possible?
Too hard to isolate target from the group on the street - she doesnt know you - the chances of you getting her isolated from the group on the street without comfort are close to zero IMO.

2a) How should I move/venue change group off of street? (dont want to stand in same spot for too long) 2b) how soon?
"hey guys, you sound kinda cool - how bout you help me buy some new clothes for my neices birthday" etc - could be anything - just make sure its something that is close by and isnt far from where youre talking. This will give you more chance for them to be familiar with you, and you can spend more time next to the target. From here, your time is limited so you will need to try and have small bits of time with her - even if its while youre in the shop with the group and you pull your target away to look at something on the other side of the shop. It is real hard, and IMO unlikely, that you will be able to steal her away completely from her friends and get her to leave with you during this kind of game. Go for the timebridge, or the number.

If you can help it, no. What i mean is, if you and your wing are walking along and 1set is walking towards you, its gonna look pretty wierd if your wing darts off. If things go ok for you, he can always say "im just going to buy that cd, ill catch up with you later"
If you see a chick that is by herself she hasnt seen you yet (like in a mall), then normal rules apply - dont approach with a wing.

You need to be more careful with kino in day game - you dont want to come off as some creep. Its way different to a club as the atmosphere is pumped and people are crammed in close. In night game you use kino as early as you can. During the day, everyone needs their "space" - so dont intrude on this too early and not in A1. Just a light touch on the arm will do it. You need to gauge how its going and how comfortable she is. In the shop example above, you can use excuses for touching her.

flava flav
06-12-2006, 06:35 PM
She should isolate herself, if you concentrate on the one girl. A lot of the time when I street sarge the rest of the group will end up slowly taking a step away now and then, because of course I am not involving them and they are bored.
If this doesn't happen, try one of these. A. Isolate her with your body. When you open the group, once you talk to the target and she responds, act very interested and shift your position so she is right in front of you. People often do this unconsciously anyway. It will cut out the rest of the group, who you have your back to.
B. Just ask if you can speak privately with her for a second, as you might do in clubs. It takes some effort to make it seem smooth, but with practice its alright.

Gekko
06-12-2006, 09:25 PM
When I go out of town and hit the subways or street vendors it seems fairly easy...well, only if you have a joker/fool/ dumb ass around creating comic material.
I find well placed disgust or jokes gets you in with people around you that are thinking the same thing. Anything works like that.
If you can pick up on facial cues from a girl that makes a face at the guy that is smoking then you can throw out a funny but pointed comment. I usually use two before I lead in with my own stuff.
I love situations that gimme material. Street preachers, beligerant people, primpers, etc. This also works great with female bartenders when they wait on drunks or assholes.
Dumb ass guy: Hey baby, I bet you can do damage to me.
Me while staring at the tv in the sports bar: I bed she could slice your throat in 2.3 seconds with the bottle she is about to break.
Bartender: What were did you say and why are you smiling?
Me: Funny commercial on the Tv. Just watching tv (wink)
Oh, that can gimme long conversations for most of the night.
(Okay, that gets off the street theme but the same thing can work on the street)

Vapor
06-12-2006, 09:59 PM
The Pickup 101 guys have this topic absolutely nailed. I recently got my hands on their Fearless First Impressions DVD set and it works beautifully. With a little practice, stopping women on the street is easy.

Primal
06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, good humour as an opener always sets the vibe for a street sarge because of the temporary mind blank that comes with humour. sets on the street are a lot harder to open because they arent in a socially open environment, so humour always gets me going into A2.
its always harder in street sarging while your walking, to have someone stop, because you know that they have to exert some sort of effort that makes a person change what they are currently doing, to stopping and talking to you. This is why approaching sets who are standing still is easier, because there is no need on there part, to exert effort to stop walking, cause they are already stopped.

flava flav
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
On the flipside of what primal posted, if you stop them then you're in a very dominant and alpha position, you have chosen them and created this social situation. This will help flip some of those attraction switches.

Primal
06-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Flav right, If you got a fuckin powerful Alpha Meta-frame / Frame. Theyll see it, and respond.

Zero_Game
06-14-2006, 05:54 PM
good info

sundmah
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
hey iam new to this, can someone give me an example for these types of openers
(ftc)Sleeves Opener(skirt neg)+hi5, (ftc)Gay Cats, Cs vs Us(to target), You and I would not get along, ?
David Bowie(ftc,neg) , Gay Cats(ftc) , Eye Acessing Cues Cold Read, Breakup, Nationality, GuyGirlName, SurferHandshake, Vibe, Adventurous qualify+stories,Spontaneous Qualify+stories, Romantic Qualify+stories, Venue change and vibe, day2#close, vibe, styles EV+relate,identity grounding
thanks
-M

Malibu
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Other than the question you have asked a big key is body language and directional approaching....if she is walking opposite from you...bad idea to open...doing this, you are potentially stopping her in her tracks,....bad bad bad....she should be walking in the same direction as you....lean your head over your shoulder and open. Other than that....

1a) Do i have to isolate the target from a group to get # on street approaches?
no....bounce with the whole group to another venue...say a coffee shop or a cafe etc etc....you dont HAVE to isolate your target in A3...it can be done in C1....get to C1 at your different venue then isolate.

1B) is that possible?
depends on the situation....best to be calibrated.

2a) How should I move/venue change group off of street? (dont want to stand in same spot for too long)
you'd be suprised how much fluffing can be achieved and how it works well on the street....use your fluff talk to find out key information that can all of sudden guide you to say..."were going to hugo's bar for a quick bite....care to join us"....make sure you have run tight A2....otherwise they will say no....dont rush into it....because once they say no....you wont change their minds...and trying to do so will look bad on you...

2b) how soon?
refer above

do it by yourself....have your wing men walking ahead....occasionally they can pop their head in and say something that makes you look alpha...like...."hey man did you wanna go to Hugo's or Cargo"...respond like you are the leader of the group...then your wing should return to your other wing...
if there are only two of you....ditch your wing!!!!!!!!!!...sounds harsh....but run your set without him in sight....get that bounce and get him tomeet you at your new venue after you hit C1....then set up a time bridge.

once again this needs to be calibrated....dont rush into it....view my thread on how to kino in my signature...it will give you a guide on the safe spots...these spots are usually for normal game in bars and clubs etc...so they should be toned down a notch on the street...

This is the stack i was thinking of using for groups on street:
good...throw in more fluff

too many routines....take some out and run more fluff....be sure you keep the C1 stuff and some A3 for your bounce location.
Good Luck

Dianabol
06-15-2006, 06:36 PM
The Pickup 101 guys have this topic absolutely nailed. I recently got my hands on their Fearless First Impressions DVD set and it works beautifully. With a little practice, stopping women on the street is easy.
That DVD sounds interesting, what all does it cover?

ware_ru
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
good...throw in more fluff
too many routines....take some out and run more fluff....be sure you keep the C1 stuff and some A3 for your bounce location.

Re: more fluff.
As I'm doing a lot of street sarging, can you expand on the reasoning for this? is this because it's street and you can't be "the friendly drunk" with the routines on the street? Or would you suggest more fluff in all venues? I have actually been thinking about this for a few days because I feel tryhard running routine after routine, especially on street lonewolves.

Malibu
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Re: more fluff.
As I'm doing a lot of street sarging, can you expand on the reasoning for this? is this because it's street and you can't be "the friendly drunk" with the routines on the street? Or would you suggest more fluff in all venues? I have actually been thinking about this for a few days because I feel tryhard running routine after routine, especially on street lonewolves.
i find its harder to root your routines in the street...i find situational fluff works better in these situations...

ware_ru
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I agree, but then how do you go canned?

nightlif3
06-19-2006, 04:37 PM
the solution is....as long as it is after the newb mission, and you are capable of your own techniques, dont be canned!. if you can get situational dhv's, and opinion openers, you will seem more secure. you will also be more confident, because you can look around and see what is happening."visualise the situation", if you will. one of the great things we as pua's can do is learn to seamlessly integrate our canned routines with real life stories. that is what makes giant leaps occur. we dont want to become clones of mystery, style, playboy, etc, we just want to be as good as them. what i do is. one day a week, i go out and feild test all of the routines that i came up with for the past week. what works, i write down. what doesnt, i forget. in doing this, i get better at improvising the game.
hope this helps :)
--nightlife:cool:

nightlif3
06-19-2006, 04:40 PM
edit*grr...double post*

Cedar
06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
...I was given a routine stack that was made for lone wolves...
David Bowie(ftc,neg)
Gay Cats(ftc)
Eye Acessing Cues Cold Read
Breakup
Nationality
GuyGirlName
SurferHandshake
Vibe
Adventurous qualify+stories
Spontaneous Qualify+stories
Romantic Qualify+stories
Venue change and vibe
day2#close
vibe
styles EV+relate
identity grounding
1. This is a bit complex, dude. You need 2-3 routines between A1 and A2.
2. You have this WAY too scripted. Like you're spending too much time thinking about doing it.
3. Why is this only good for lone wolves? All of those routines are good for groups.