PDA

View Full Version : College Dance

SirGrant
05-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey ok I'm pretty new at this, I went on my newbie mission about a month ago and have been just been trying out openers like the "I have a friend who still has pics of his ex" and stuff like that. After doing all this my confidence has gone up a lot.
Well at my school (University) they are having a dance for our dorm so I decided to ask someone. I asked one chick right and she said no so I asked another chick and she said yes. The thing is she basically said she was origionally planning to go with her girlfriends and I was welcome to come along.
I'm wondering what I should do since I have to basically go with a group of girls I don't know. I'm thinking maybe I should try to win over the group then isolate my date hopefully then maybe some kino and see what happens. I'm really pretty new at this so I'm not so sure about some of the advanced stuff but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Thanks.

svt
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
whens ur dance ill have my reports up soon (prom similar circumstances i assume?). I can tell you right now though a high status male wouldnt have to "ask" a girl to a dance.

SirGrant
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
It's the 13th.

Hawkish
05-03-2006, 09:06 PM
It sounds like the Newb mission didnt give you that much confidence. Go run it again. And focus on larger groups. Open sets that have both guys and girls. This will make you comfortable a the dance. Dont go to the dance with any expections other than to have a kick ass time. Be the social butterfly, and dont jsut chill with her friends move to others as well, talk to everyone. And Hey i am sure alcohol is involved, and even though most of the time it is advised against, i would say drink, and be the life of the party. Genuinly enjoy yourself and dont be too focused on the pussy. This is not a one shot deal, u live with these people, have some fun with them. hasta:D

SirGrant
05-03-2006, 09:12 PM
It sounds like the Newb mission didnt give you that much confidence. Go run it again. And focus on larger groups. Open sets that have both guys and girls. This will make you comfortable a the dance. Dont go to the dance with any expections other than to have a kick ass time. Be the social butterfly, and dont jsut chill with her friends move to others as well, talk to everyone. And Hey i am sure alcohol is involved, and even though most of the time it is advised against, i would say drink, and be the life of the party. Genuinly enjoy yourself and dont be too focused on the pussy. This is not a one shot deal, u live with these people, have some fun with them. hasta:D
Ok sounds good, I will admit maybe my mission didn't turn me into some crazy confident alpha but it did get me at least 10x from where I was origionally. Before hand I don't think I ever coulda even approached a girl. I will take it into consideration and going again and trying to be even more outgoing. Also I do think that is some good advice about trying to socialize with everyone and that shouldn't be too difficult because the hall is going as a group so I can make sure to do that. Thanks, and if anyone else has any more advice it's really appriciated.

Reno
05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
You could try telling her about how she'll have a great time at the dance with you; going in with the frame that you are the best person to take to the dance.

Hawkish
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM
No dont tell her that. It makes you look insecure. Non-verbal communication will work best here. By that i mean actually being fun and giving her a good time. SHE WILL KNOW you are the life of the party, WHEN U ARE THE life of the party....sorry i was in the mood for caaps

Iceman
05-03-2006, 10:52 PM
The thing is she basically said she was origionally planning to go with her girlfriends and I was welcome to come along.
"Yes, you can come tag along with us cooler people if you want"
Your frame isn't strong enough, which is why you got this response. The only way to turn this around is to do as Hawkish said...BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY.
But in this case, prevention is always better. Fix your frame.

SirGrant
05-03-2006, 11:16 PM
ok thanks iceman I was kinda thinking about that as I thought it was kinda wierd. I think one of my main problems was when I started this school year I was really anti-social I probably got kinda that reputation as being that kinda quiet loner kid. I basically found out about the game a few months ago and I've come a very long way since the beginning of the school year but now I do see that I still have quite a ways to go. Thanks for the advice on the frame, I think part of the weakness in my frame comes simply from my reputation but the truth is when I approached that first girl about the dance I was kinda nervous but the second time I did feel it get much easier. I think it's gonna be one of those practice makes perfect things.
As well, I've already said I'd go so I'm gonna do my damn best to be the life of the party.